So apparently, when a very angry federal judge yells at you that you didn't point out something in your papers, and asks why you didn't, he's not looking for the answer "Because I thought it was self-evident, Your Honor."
But he cut the government's requested sentence in half, anyway, and gave the client all the time he wanted to surrender.
I probably shouldn't have said it. But to paraphrase Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Well, they tell you never antagonize a federal judge, but it is, on occasion, hilarious."
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017