Look, I firmly believe that the world is a funnier place when the Russians are being.. well.. Russian. Whether it's putting Putin on their Olympic Team, or some other Bond Villain nuttiness. But, I just don't see them bouncing a spacecraft off an asteroid going well.
Especially when their space agency's chief officer says comforting things like: "I don't remember exactly, but it seems to me it could hit the Earth by 2032.." There is some question over just how dangerous the asteroid is, NASA keeps increasing the odds that it might hit the Earth, but the Russians are ready to go for it. At least their plans do not call for using any nuclear weapons. No word on if Bruce Willis is being approached.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010