Usually our Friday time waster is a game or a large collection of photos or something that will use your entire day. Today, I offer more of an appetizer. Something to cleanse the old palate.
Despite my total lack of style or fashion sense, design fascinates me. Why things look like they do, and how different cultures take a specific spin on the same themes. Apparently, it's just as common in fashion as it is in Nationalism. I give you Flags By Colours.
Here, each nation's flag is pie charted to show the selection (and percentage) of colors in the flag. If you click on the pie chart, it reveals the flag. It's fun to try & guess what the flag is from the pie chart. At the very bottom is an inclusive pie chart that shows the color breakdown of all national flags. I was a little surprised how prevalent black is, given that it is hard to think of flags that have a lot of it (mainly Arab & African countries..)
It's not gonna take your whole day, but I thought it was fascinating. Enjoy!
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010