I've used the crutch of cool volcano videos before, but this time there's at least a little content. Researchers at the University of Washington brought a remote control sub within 10 feet of an underwater volcano as it erupted! The 2 videos on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association website give a remarkable view. Since the pressure at that depth supress some of the explosive power of the eruption, the sub was able to get super close. I highly recommend spending a few minutes watching these videos.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010