It really is impossible to send out an announcement to members about a facebook page without either completely disenfranchising most of your older members or completely patronizing your younger ones. See, this is the fun stuff we spend time on in the Association world. I think I settled on a tone somewhat akin to the stentorian narration of newsreel documentaries from the 30s. Thanks RADAR!
To actually add some value to this post, if you are interested in email marketing and mass communication (especially in the non-profit world – sorry, Bradley) there are some really interesting resources out there. NTEN, the Nonprofit Technology Network, Netwits ThinkTank and the ASAE being a few of my personal favorites.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010