The Hat's gonna get a little less Liberal for a few weeks, as I am off to Texas to attend Boardgamegeekcon and then spend Thanksgiving with family Deep in the Heart (actually, in Amarillo, which is sort of the Appendix of Texas..) I'm looking forward to trying out a bunch of the new releases (especially Dungeon Lords – which looks like a boardgame version of Dungeon Keeper, the new Agricola expansion, BasketBoss – a basketball team management sim and Carson City – although that's really because I am a sucker for tile laying games) and playing a lot of old favorites. It's gonna be a great several days, that's for sure!
Theoretically, I have the ability to post to the Hat from my iPhone, and I might try to toss up some random thoughts about games (or maybe just list games I played at the end of each day..) during the con. But, don't get your hopes up. After all, gaming is more fun than typing.
Have a great Thanksgiving one and all, and I better not to return to find out you dang Libertarians have sold naming rights to the Hat.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010