I've written perviously about my love of Nethack, and how excited I was to be able to play it on my phone. Well, now I have a few other random Nethack updates for you to waste your Friday afternoon.
First off, in the everything old is new again department, you can now play Nethack over the internet. This is great for me, since I don't have to install it on a work machine. It plays nicely right through a java app via the website alt.org.
Next up is something for those of us who can't bring ourselves to attack a g or a p. You want some graphics with your hack? Well, I give you Falcon's Eye. It converts my beloved Nethack into a nice isometric 3D graphics game. Definitely worth checking out. (note for you purists, Falcon's Eye uses SLASH, a Nethack variant with lots of extra stuff added)
I still have never won a game of Nethack, so if you find the amulet and return it, please don't rub it in. Maybe I should stop playing as tourists…
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010