Every time I have an appellate argument scheduled, I break out in a rash on my upper lip. The result: I look like a skanky rent-boy wearing cheap smeared lipstick. Is it stress? It shouldn't be — appellate arguments are fun, and less stressful than the other stuff on my plate. Is it that I've tended to draw appellate arguments at this time of year, when some sort of allergy to the gunk blowing around in the autumnal winds does this to me? Perhaps. But I prefer to think it is Fate. I am fated to look ridiculous every time I appear before an appellate court. Query: what did I do to earn such bad karma?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017