The Bay Area lives in a near permanent drought state. We really only get significant rain for a few months a year. In general, hard rain is very rare here. So, yesterday the City was paralyzed by about an hour of torrential rains. So much so that the subway tunnel was partially flooded and train service was halted. This amazing video is even more unbelievable if you know Van Ness Station, and how far that water was traveling! I have never seen harder rain since I have been here, and I have never seen anything like that stairway waterfall.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010