Remember David Dicks? He was the interim chief of the Flint, Michigan police department who touted that fair city's new policy of arresting people with saggy pants.
“Some people call it a fad,” Dicks told the Free Press this week while patrolling the streets of Flint. “But I believe it’s a national nuisance. It is indecent and thus it is indecent exposure, which has been on the books for years.”
Many of us questioned whether this was a good use of public resources. Many of us also questioned the moral sensibilities of public servants who think that the government ought be involved in policing whether somebody's boxers show.
Speaking of moral sensibilities —
Pull up your pants, Dicks. Your unmentionables are showing.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017