It's my birthday today. I'm 38. Alas, no midlife crisis seems imminent. In the last few years, I have found my decision making being based more on personal happiness than what might seem "rational", especially where my work life was concerned. So, I left what should have been my dream job and am so much happier for it.
So, in the hopes of creating a new tradition around here, I present a random selection of people who share my birthday. It's actually quite a list:
Dave Winfield, Al Sharpton, Biff Henderson, Gore Vidal (yeah!), Ashlee Simpson, Seann William Scott, Gwen Stefani and one of the Backstreet Boys. Add in that October 3rd was one of the best days in Giants History and the debut of Captain Kangaroo and I feel in good company.
Speaking of good company, for the third year in a row I will be lucky enough to spend today hosting a cut-throat minigolf tournament with friends and loved ones. A day I look forward to every year.
Birthdays really don't get much better. Now, to find a mid-life crisis…
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010