I don't get jealous of other people's jobs much. I don't tend to pine over the fame or fortune of others; when I covet, it's usually because someone is doing something that sounds like so much fun, and because the way they got there is so cool. Case in point – John Scalzi first made it big as a writer, and based on that was hired on as a "creative consultant" on the new SyFy show "Stargate: Universe." I've never had a clear sense of what a creative consultant does, but Scalzi explains it at length. It's fascinating, and sounds both more substantive and more challenging as a writer than I expected. I particularly like it that he got there through writing, not through the Hollywood route. Good for him.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017