Why bury the lead? Women in the Swedish military charge that the provided bras are "flammable and prone to coming undone." More shoddy defense contractor work. If you farm your military bras out to the lowest bidder, you have hot scandinavian women whose bras pop open at inconvenient times. This could all be a ploy to increase male enrollment in the armed forces. Of course, the bras must have been designed by a man…
According to a conscripts rights group, the bras were shoddily made, and are dangerous if they catch on fire. “Our opinion is that the Swedish Armed Forces should have ordered good, flame-proof underwear,” Council spokesperson Paulina Rehbinder told The Local. Apparently, women (who make up a very small percentage of the armed forces) have been having trouble with the military clothes for decades.
I believe the Everett police department was involved in this investigation.
By the way, this link comes courtesy of the ever readable blog Uniwatch, which focuses on the minutae of sports uniforms.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010