Four men embark on a crime spree. They use force and fear to rob people of money and drugs. They kidnap and burgle. They threaten to withhold life-saving medication from a victim until he tells them where he keeps money. They target people based on race, or because they don't like the looks of their car.
Their punishment? Six months in jail. Oh, and probation.
Sure, they're cooperating in the effort to punish other members of their gang of thugs. But people familiar with the rewards of cooperation know that such a sweet deal for such violent and lawless conduct is extremely unusual. What explains such a lenient result?
Oh, yeah. They're cops.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- The Proud Boy And The Sockpuppet - July 21st, 2017
- Ted Rall Is Incensed That Anti-SLAPP Laws Protect Everyone - July 18th, 2017
- The Popehat Signal: Anti-SLAPP Help Needed in California - July 14th, 2017
- Texas Attorney Jason L. Van Dyke: Fraudulent Buffoon, Violence-Threatening Online-Tough-Guy, Vexatious Litigant, Proud Bigot, And All Around Human Dumpster Fire - July 9th, 2017
- CNN, Doxing, And A Few Ways In Which We Are Full of Shit As A Political Culture - July 5th, 2017