Four men embark on a crime spree. They use force and fear to rob people of money and drugs. They kidnap and burgle. They threaten to withhold life-saving medication from a victim until he tells them where he keeps money. They target people based on race, or because they don't like the looks of their car.
Their punishment? Six months in jail. Oh, and probation.
Sure, they're cooperating in the effort to punish other members of their gang of thugs. But people familiar with the rewards of cooperation know that such a sweet deal for such violent and lawless conduct is extremely unusual. What explains such a lenient result?
Oh, yeah. They're cops.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017