Four men embark on a crime spree. They use force and fear to rob people of money and drugs. They kidnap and burgle. They threaten to withhold life-saving medication from a victim until he tells them where he keeps money. They target people based on race, or because they don't like the looks of their car.
Their punishment? Six months in jail. Oh, and probation.
Sure, they're cooperating in the effort to punish other members of their gang of thugs. But people familiar with the rewards of cooperation know that such a sweet deal for such violent and lawless conduct is extremely unusual. What explains such a lenient result?
Oh, yeah. They're cops.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- How To Read News Like A Search Warrant Application - January 19th, 2017
- The Latest Defamation Case Against Donald Trump, and the "Trump Defense" - January 18th, 2017
- The Selma March In Some Rare Photos, And The Obligation To Speak - January 16th, 2017
- "Clock Boy" Gets His Clock Cleaned with Texas' Anti-SLAPP Statute - January 11th, 2017
- In a Crowded Field, University of Oregon Distinguishes Itself At Unprincipled and Lawless Censorship - January 10th, 2017