From Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace suggests to ACORN's Bertha Lewis that the hit job done on them which I think amounts to entrapment by the conservative film maker James O'Keefe means that the improvements made under Lewis' watch are meaningless.
1. Uh, no. Entrapment has two elements: government inducement and lack of predisposition. Assuming, for the sake of argument, that we treat a kid who looks like a weekend assistant manager at Brooks Brothers as if he is the government, you're not going to make a case for lack of disposition. Normal people don't, at the drop of a hat, brighten up and brainstorm with clients about how to operate brothels for underage Central American refugees. You're using "entrapment" in the Humpty-Dumpty sense of "you gave them an opportunity to expose themselves as corrupt, they took it, and I don't like it."
2. Jesus, lady. There's no punctuation shortage. If you throw in a few dashes or something, the kids of sub-Saharan African aren't going to have to go all e.e cummings. You're giving me Finnegan's Wake flashbacks over here.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017