I give you, Cthulhu, a unisex fragrance from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's "Picnic in Arkham" collection. It's a subtle little scent, described as "a creeping, wet, slithering scent, dripping with seaweed, oceanic plants and dark, unfathomable waters." So pretty much like Celine Dion.
There are several fragrances in the line, ranging from Miskatonic University to Shub-Niggurath to Arkham. With ingredients like bloodroot, black algae and embalming fluid one wonders who would want to smell like this. One thing I do like about this premise is it's acknowledgment of Lovecraft's use of scent in his descriptions. He always talked about esoteric smells and other olfactory triggers. I still believe that Lovecraft was one of the great describers in literature.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010