Query: say you use an outside IT company for your IT needs. Say one of your favorite guys from the IT company is a casting-call pencil-necked geek who would weigh 110 pounds sopping wet. Say you send him to a client's office to make copies of all of the disk drives, suspecting that a federal investigation may soon blossom into a search warrant, during which the feds will probably break some computers and disappear others. Say you brief him on the task and send him off.
Say that, as luck would have it, he's carrying a stack of computer materials out of the client's office when the FBI arrives to execute a search warrant, and as a result gets surrounded by eight burly men and women in raid jackets with their hands on their Sig Sauers and no real grasp of their own crippling authority issues, and subjected to about three hours of interrogation in the back of a G-ride.
Of course you pay the bill and pay his full hourly rate for the time he spent "assisting" the FBI.
But do you send some sort of tip as well?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017