Rather than sitting at work, I am sitting in an over-air-conditioned medical office in Pasadena.
In an hour or so, some medical technicians are going to show me some hi-tech equipment. This equipment, composed of space-age polymers, represents the pinnacle of developments in telemetry, miniaturization, fiber optics, and biomechanical engineering. The doctor is going to explain this technology to me very carefully.
Then he's going to shove it up my ass.
As I wait, Madonna's "Give it to me" is playing over the sound system. This strikes me as singularly inappropriate.
My mood is not improved by not having eaten for 26 hours and refraining from liquids for 14. Not to mention drinking 4 liters of gunk yesterday.
Why am I airing this unfortunate situation? Well, if I have to suffer, why shouldn't you? Also, early detection — through colonoscopy — significantly increases your chance of surviving various nastiness. So maybe if I convince one of our readers to get reamed non-recreationally, I will get some karma out of this.
I hear they give you awesome drugs. I'll let you know. See you on the other side.
No, I'm not going to liveblog it.
Done. Feeling a bit woozy. The drugs were a disappointment. Actually had some significant discomfort during the procedure. They must have under-dosed me. Memory of it hazy. But a clean bill, which is the important thing. Still worth it.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017