Or at least not lazy… As I was walking by the Moscone Center (San Francisco's huge convention center) this morning, I noticed that all of the buses that conferences hire to shuttle folks between the convention and the various hotels (and which double as sight seeing buses) had Wyoming license plates. It interested me enough that I checked the 5 buses that were there, and they all had the Wyoming plates. This, despite being painted with "San Francisco Sight Seeing" all over them and being festooned with images of cable cars and Alcatraz.
What could be the reason for this? I wonder if it has something to do with insurance or emisions standards? Don't you have to change your license plates when you move to a new state? This just seems like some sort of scam to me. It's pretty clear these buses are not headed to Wyoming anytime soon.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010