Long-time readers know that I write a fair amount about adoption, and particularly about issues like how the media talks about adoption and the tension between some adoption boosters (the happy-happy-joy-joy wing who resist discussing anything negative about international adoption) and those of us who think that it's complicated.
So I'm always happy to learn about new adoption blogs. Thanks to an email from Martha Nichols, a writer and teacher of writing, I found two more to follow: Martha's own new blog (in which I strongly identified with her experience of trying to get a seven-year-old to appreciate Star Trek), and a new blog called Adopt-a-Tude, with a promising and thoughtful first post about how the media treats international adoption. Check them out.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017