Growing up, it was a clear divider among my friends. Marvel or DC? I was always a Marvel man (or to use bullpen lingo "Make Mine Marvel.") I admit I haven't bought a comic book in probably 10 years (ok, a few graphic novels and the outstanding DVD of every issue of Avengers aside) but I still mildly follow Marvel Comics (despite their decade long Wolverine fetish..) So, it is with great sadness that I read that Marvel has been bought by Disney.
One of the reasons I liked Marvel better was that their stories were (for me) often subtler, darker, more complex. I doubt Disney will mark a return to that trend. I am sort of sad thinking about what this means for the future of my favorite comics company.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010