Got a mandatory evacuation call at 2:30 this morning (it was voluntary Saturday night). Not clear whether it was actual fire threat or because of the breakfires they are doing. Fortunately we had left the cars mostly loaded. Hurriedly finished loading the cars — resulting in taking some nice big lungsfull of smoke, which caused me to heave in my dad's driveway later. Still feeling pretty sick.
Drove up to Dad's house. Home is where they have to take you in, and all that.
We'll be fine. Moving for an additional week extension on an appeal, based on this and my health scare this week.
I'm heartsick about the two firefighters who died — probably because the thick smoke led them to lose the road and crash. The firefighters' efforts continue to be astoundingly brave and tough. I'm very thankful for them.
Blogging might be even lighter for bit. I know, excuses excuses.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017