Got a mandatory evacuation call at 2:30 this morning (it was voluntary Saturday night). Not clear whether it was actual fire threat or because of the breakfires they are doing. Fortunately we had left the cars mostly loaded. Hurriedly finished loading the cars — resulting in taking some nice big lungsfull of smoke, which caused me to heave in my dad's driveway later. Still feeling pretty sick.
Drove up to Dad's house. Home is where they have to take you in, and all that.
We'll be fine. Moving for an additional week extension on an appeal, based on this and my health scare this week.
I'm heartsick about the two firefighters who died — probably because the thick smoke led them to lose the road and crash. The firefighters' efforts continue to be astoundingly brave and tough. I'm very thankful for them.
Blogging might be even lighter for bit. I know, excuses excuses.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- I Wrote About Snoop Dogg But Don't Worry It's Not As Bad As You Think - March 15th, 2017
- Oil Company SG Interests Files Vexatious SLAPP Suit Over Substantially True Facebook Comment - March 9th, 2017
- My Own Name Is A Killing Pony - March 7th, 2017
- Prenda Saga Update: John Steele Pleads Guilty, Admits Entire Scheme - March 6th, 2017
- No, The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel Shouldn't Sue Over "Fake News" - February 20th, 2017