Got a mandatory evacuation call at 2:30 this morning (it was voluntary Saturday night). Not clear whether it was actual fire threat or because of the breakfires they are doing. Fortunately we had left the cars mostly loaded. Hurriedly finished loading the cars — resulting in taking some nice big lungsfull of smoke, which caused me to heave in my dad's driveway later. Still feeling pretty sick.
Drove up to Dad's house. Home is where they have to take you in, and all that.
We'll be fine. Moving for an additional week extension on an appeal, based on this and my health scare this week.
I'm heartsick about the two firefighters who died — probably because the thick smoke led them to lose the road and crash. The firefighters' efforts continue to be astoundingly brave and tough. I'm very thankful for them.
Blogging might be even lighter for bit. I know, excuses excuses.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017
- I write letters - June 1st, 2017