A Kansas Congresswoman, Lynn Jenkins, recently bemoaned the state of the Republican Party, and what they need. she then used the unfortunate phrase that they were looking for their "great white hope." Of course, Congresswoman Jenkins was quick to apologize, and suggest that she meant nothing racial by her comment. Apparently, she was "unaware of any negative connotation of the phrase." Of course, she was only referring to the party's need for a shining light. Hopefully a white light, I guess.
Wasn't it just last year that the GOP was so anxious for African American support that they busted out Michael Steele?
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010