Betty or Veronica? Like Ginger or Marianne, boxers or briefs or Dark Knight or Batman it's the sort of question that defines people. Well, now we know the official answer, and I don't like it. Archie has forsaken the girl next door for the vapid rich girl.
My bias to Betty is strong, I admit. I have always been a sucker for the whole girl next door thing, and Betty (despite being a blonde bombshell herself) was more the salt of the earth type. She seemed kinder and nicer than Veronica, and definitely treated other people (with the possible exception of Archie) better than Veronica did.
And, what are we to make of the whole triangle? Was Archie casually dating both of them? Was he stringing them both along? Were they both stringing him along? It was one of the stranger love triangles portrayed in any medium. Both the possible paramours were not only well aware of each other, but actively hung out together. It's a wonder Archie survived.
PS – the veiled reference in the article to future Archie is sort of creepy. Apparently we needed to know if they consumated the relationship or not.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010