Another only in San Francisco moment (sort of like when I was walking to work this morning, and a gentleman in a light purple zoot suit, complete with matching long scarf, politely enquired if I wanted to buy a jeweled watch) as Hasbro converted famously curvy Lombard Street into a Candyland board to celebrate the game's 60th birthday.
It's nice that they got kids from local shelters & hospitals to play, and I bet it was a fun experience, but couldn't they have given them a better game? Heck, even chutes & ladders. I would love to see a huge version of Carabande on Lombard, but the insurance would be a nightmare. Heh.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010