OK, just off the top, I am not a Raiders fan. Never have been. To some of their disturbingly cultish fanbase that makes me incapable of discussing the (cue freaky Al Davis voice) greatness of the Raiders (and man, would I love it if I could get some Raiders folks around here. They make the Paulbots look sane!)
Anyway, the latest great step the Raiders have taken is having their head coach punch out an assistant coach. And, here's the kicker, it happened two weeks ago and the story is just now getting out. The assistant refused to identify his attacker! Yikes!
To my mind, this goes beyond the whole rough and tumble the NFL seeks to portray. You can cross a line between manly posturing and assault, and I would say this case qualifies. Add to it the bizarrely paranoid world of the NFL in general (taken to deliriously ridiculous levels by the Raiders) and something tells me Hanson will end up apologizing to the Coach!
But, on the plus side, it was the first hit a Raider has made in at least three years.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010