How tolerant of their nauseating surveillance state are the inhabitants of the Green and Pleasant Land getting? Well, their government's Children's Secretary — a man who is named, believe it or not, "Ed Balls" — is proposing to install CCTV in 20,000 homes across England. Yet the people of the Sceptred Isle have not yet risen up and hanged him from a lamppost.
The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.
They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.
Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.
In archetypal English fashion, the power to peer into homes has not been reserved to the central state, but is being delegated to local busybodies and Mrs. Grundys:
There should be Family Intervention Projects in every local authority area because every area has families that need support.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017