It's not that I'm not enthusiastic about Patrick's suggestion, immediately below, to see a send-up of Plan 9 From Outer Space. I am, really.
But right now, I'm enjoying a live stream of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte, courtesy of Siemens, from the Salzburg Festival. It costs a few bucks, but is well worth it. It's nostalgic for me, because I saw Cosi at the Salzburg Festival with my parents about 25 years ago. The Salzburg productions are always top-notch. I won't be able to listen to the whole thing, thanks to conference calls, but at the least I'll get through the set-piece finale of Act I, which is one of the most brilliant and beautiful half-hours of opera out there.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017