About half our comment spam is premised on the notion that one of us — either me or you, Gentle Reader — is both impotent and hung like a gnat, and desirous of changing those circumstances through pharmaceuticals purchased over the internet from people pathologically incapable of spelling.
Increasingly, the other half of our spam is framed as praise of our writing: "Well said, good point!" "I am subscribing to your RSS feed!" "This is very well put!" "Great blog", and so on, with the putative comment author's link serving the marketing function. This half of our spam presumes that I am a narcissistic dolt.
I think I'm substantially more offended by the second group. But then, I am turning 40.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017