Ted Frank at Overlawyered reports that The Grey Lady (a nickname that used to refer to a preference for text over pictures, and now refers to the ashen color of necrotic flesh) is bullying a political website adverse to the Governor of New Jersey.
The Corzine Times' use of some of the look-and-feel of the NYT, including (allegedly) the font — which is, itself, hardly unique or innovative — is patently satirical. There is no chance that anyone — not even habitual readers of the Times, not even persons who voluntarily live in New Jersey — will conclude that the web site is associated in any way with the Times.
Freaking out over satire is classic death-spiral behavior for a business.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017