Thoreau tells us that the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. Of course, Thoreau was a loner, and it's easier to live quietly in a shack next to a pond. If, on the other hand, you are a person of note — say, the City Attorney of Jefferson City, Kentucky — the desperation comes easy, but the quiet is a mite more challenging.
Hence Larry Wilder, who has the honor of holding that office for the moment, finds himself desperately, but not quietly, famous on the internet for being found unconscious in a neighbor's garbage can the morning after a night of drinking in celebration a friend getting his real estate license.
We embrace such occasions as life presents to us.
Note that I have not used the Lawyers Behaving Badly tag because Larry Wilder is not bad. Larry Wilder is awesome.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017