It's nice to have a hobby, I guess.
But some people have something that goes beyond a hobby. Batman, for instance. Running around Gotham at night putting the hurt on bad guys isn't really a hobby. It's a dysfunction. Even in the campy TV series, before all the dark Frank Miller stuff.
So it is for some of the fans of our old pal Ron Paul.
When the blog Wonkette — which is to poseur beret-wearing belabored ironic detachment what Glenn Gould is to the piano — made a rude stray comment about Ron Paul, it prompted a world-weary call to arms from a fan at the Daily Paul encouraging Paulites to retaliate against Wonkette. The Paulites have since sent the exceptional post down the memory hole, and as far as I can tell did so before Google could cache it (and before I thought to take a screenshot), but the deathless opening line remains in Wonkette's quote:
As someone who can’t help but google news search Ron Paul everyday for almost two years, I keep running into the same foul mouthed liberals slandering the Good Doctor under the guise of Satire.
As they say, that's some weapons-grade crazy there, my friends. There's a guy who is going to get raptured up by the celestial blimp when Ron sounds the trump and call.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017