Writer and director Craig Mazin is a genuinely funny guy, on paper and in person. I've suffered through a number of kiddie parties and similar events with him. I've managed to overcome my resentment of the fact that he has some sort of deal with his wife where if he doesn't want to go to a social event, he doesn't have to go. That shit's not fair, man.
I've talked before about Craig's blog The Artful Writer, which has lots of inside-baseball stuff about Hollywood, as well as good writing about the craft of writing. Today I enjoyed his recent piece on the up-and-down cycle of the movie genre of spoofs, in which he has worked. That genre hit its peak with Airplane! and its nadir with the recent Meet the Spartans, which I recently encountered on cable and from which I was unable to avert my sickly fascinated gaze.
It's a good read. Check it out.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017