This morning, as I was doing the a little touch of Harry in the night thing and walking about the office to see how each associate was doing, I encountered a young lawyer who appeared downtrodden.
Prodded, she admitted that she was tasked to write the opposition to a motion to dismiss a complaint, that she thought that we might be wrong on the law on one issue, and that we would probably lose the motion on that issue, and that it was very difficult to find the fortitude to write under those circumstances.
Oh, of course I went straight to the Kobiyashi Maru analogy.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017