I'm surprised that it took me a week to hear about this but Liberty University, Jerry Falwell's beacon on a hill, banned the student Democratic group from campus.
The students can no longer use the school's name in the name of their organization or be recognized by the university because "The Democratic Party platform is contrary to the mission of Liberty University and to Christian doctrine (supports abortion, federal funding of abortion, advocates repeal of the federal Defense of Marriage Act, promotes the “LGBT” agenda, hate crimes, which include sexual orientation and gender identity, socialism, etc.)".
No comment was made about Christian doctrine regarding the death penalty, wealth or humility.
Last 5 posts by Charles
- If You Watch the Tape, You'll Still See What You Want To - September 29th, 2015
- On Dying - April 6th, 2014
- Not All Layers of An Onion Are Equally Worth Peeling Back - February 26th, 2013
- Did someone mention consistency? - February 5th, 2013
- Is That A Mote In Your Dog's Eye? - April 17th, 2012