That was the question Canada's Governor General, Michaelle Jean, asked after trying a little bit of seal meat at an Inuit Festival. Ms. Jean was taking a shot at the EU, which Monday banned seal products because they determined the seal hunt was cruel. The EU responded by calling her Mola Ram act as "too bizarre to acknowledge."
I have to admit, it would never occur to me to eat the raw heart of any animal. The idea that a representative of the Queen's government (ceremonial, admittedly..) would be cutting seals up and eating their heart is sort of quaint. This is the sort of thing we should be getting Joe Biden to do.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010