This morning there was an earnest young lady handing out brochures downtown. Turns out it was the latest missive from the LaRouchies, and I just can't resist the craziness. And, as always LaRouche does not disappoint. He successfully gets over the loss of his arch-nemesis Lynne "The Beast" Cheney by first arguing that man did not come from apes (because "apes and humans are completely different." This leads in a direct segueway into the need for nuclear power (because the defining characteristic of man is using fire. Apparently, there is no fire in burning coal..) and labeling environmentalism "Satanic!"
In fact, that paragraph is so great that I am going to reprint it here: "What is this admininstration doing? It's bought into environmentalism, which is Satanic! In its effect. (sic) That's the effect: The United States will disappear, if we don't change this policy very soon! If Obama continues this policy, for another couple years, the United States is finished! And maybe most of the planet is finished, too." (note all emphasis and punctuation is LaRouches. I had not really noticed how bizarre his writing is until transcribing it.
You know, I could go on about all the beautiful insanity in this book, but I think I'll just leave you with the bullet points for his next webcast. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do (and once again, all puctuation and emphasis is original):
- Obama Health-Care Reform – That's Called Facism, Isn't It?
- Hasting Center's Nazi Doctors Set Orszag's Agenda to Kill Useless Eaters
- White House Health Care "Reform" is Nazi Medicine Made in Britain
- Orszag's Emmanuel Ponders Suicide as Health Care Reform
- Final Baucus Hearing Puts Nail In The Coffin
- You're Bailing Out the Fascist Bastards That Are Killing You!
- Kill the HMOs, Save Lives! Resume the Hill-Burton Hospital Program, Save the Nation!
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010