I am a packrat. I inherited it from my mother. When I was growing up, our house was like a museum of useless stuff. My apartment is full of knick-knacks as well. I've actually gotten better at not getting things unless I need them. But then Burger King has to go & bring back the old classic frosted glass drinking glasses. Sigh. I am powerless against the strong memories those glasses evoke in me.
It seems like in the 70s & 80s, these glasses were the standard drinking ware for me & my friends. I still remember my ET glass that I loved. And, since they were glass it seemed very grown up. Add to that they are retro looking, and Star Trek. Oh, I am in. Now, if only Burger King tasted good. Ah, the sacrifices I make for my dementia.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010