Rogier van Bakel at Nobody's Business notes a new warrior fighting to save traditional marriage and America's moral heritage from the fabulous hordes:
Yes, that Marion Barry.
D.C. Council member and former mayor Marion Barry (D-Ward 8) startled gay activists Tuesday by calling same-sex marriage immoral at a downtown rally organized by an anti-gay minister.
. . . .
. . . Barry repeatedly stated at Tuesday's rally that the issue was about morality and immorality, and that people present at the rally were the moral leaders and must stand against immorality and say no to same-sex marriage in D.C.
Yet . . .
Barry was absent from the Council chambers during the vote, but Council records show that he signed his name to a document declaring himself a co-introducer of the marriage amendment [permitting same-sex marriage in D.C.].
Life is confusing sometimes.
The four-times-divorced, convicted-of-drug-and-tax-charges, currently-facing-revocation-of-probation-for-failing-to-file-taxes-eight-of-the-last-nine-years Barry did not elaborate on his specific definition of morality. Just as well.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017