This morning on BART, as I was riding into the City, the man sitting next to me was avidly watching something on his iPhone. This buttoned up older asian man was grooving along to High School Musical. I am sorry to report that I cannot confirm if it were the original or one of the many sequels (I imagine like Star Trek movies only the even ones are good.)
This made me start to wonder what his reason for watching that was. I refuse to live in a world where an adult would consciously choose to watch the movie, but what else could it be? Was this a desperate attempt to find a frame of reference with a tween daughter? Was he trying to get some cool points with the kids by dropping some High School Musical references? Or is he just creepy?
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010