Client: Hey, Ken, I've got a friend who just got arrested on a drunk and disorderly charge in New Orleans. Do you know anyone who can help him?
Me: In New Orleans? Is that even a crime there? Jesus Christ, how drunk and how disorderly do you have to be to get arrested for it in New Orleans? Didn't they recognize him as their god?
Client: [uncomfortable silence]
Me: I mean, that's a difficult situation for him and his family. Let me see if I can get you a number.
In my defense, it's been a long week.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017