I live in the relatively sleepy burg of Alameda. We do happen to have our own Bank, which has, at most, four branches. It is not a financial world beater, but it does a nice little business. So, what are the chances that international Soprano Kiri Te Kanawa would keep a huge chunk of her retirement money there? Surprisingly good. The manager of that branch was apparently skimming money off of Ms. Te Kanawa's IRA through cashier's checks. How utterly random.
In a strange factoid about my beloved island home, this means that two world class opera singers have connections to Alameda. Mezzo-Soprano Frederica Von Stade lives in Alameda. It's very strange (but pleasant) to see a world reknown singer performing with the High School orchestra.
PS – by giving it a Disney title, and talking (in a recundite manner at least) about Opera, this should be Ken's favorite of my postings..)
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010