It was announced today that the pace car at NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway will be a hybrid Camry.
A 600-mile race run by 30-odd of the least fuel efficient cars in the universe driven at very fuel-inefficient speeds will occasionally have a hybrid on the track also.
This couldn't be less meaningful if the track were built to encircle Al Gore's mansion.
Last 5 posts by Charles
- If You Watch the Tape, You'll Still See What You Want To - September 29th, 2015
- On Dying - April 6th, 2014
- Not All Layers of An Onion Are Equally Worth Peeling Back - February 26th, 2013
- Did someone mention consistency? - February 5th, 2013
- Is That A Mote In Your Dog's Eye? - April 17th, 2012