From an email I just got:
I came across your website popehat.com, and would like to propose a link exchange between your site and [web-based discount diaper retailer whose actual name I will not mention here].com. Lowest Prices on Diapers and More.
Please consider adding our link to your site on your page: https://www.popehat.com/2009/02/06/national-resources-defense-council-do-as-we-say-not-as-we-sue/
Apparently they wanted to be linked on that single post because it contains the word "diapers". If I link their site, they will link Popehat on their "resources" page "in the proper category." Most of their categories seem to be about baby furnishings. I don't actually see a category for "snark" or "heartless sarcasm" or "poseur ennui," and I'm not entirely sure that babies actually need those things.
Marketing by bot: FAIL.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017