One of my employees was just in a fender-bender. A lady in the next lane was not paying attention to what she was doing and veered into the back panel of his car. No injuries, minor damage.
The lady had (or at least claimed to have) no license, no registration, and no insurance.
When the cops showed up, they said there was nothing they could do about that, and that they wouldn't even take a report, because the DMV wouldn't suspend her license or registration if she didn't have license and registration.
So the woman drove away.
How do my clients wind up with all of those driving-without-a-license or driving-without-insurance priors, if the cops aren't citing people for this?
I suspect the cops were late for lunch.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017