My commute into the City used to be a bit of a slog. I mean, I did casual carpool in the morning, but I was still taking a bus, and it took about an hour. In the last few years, there has been a growth in bike to transit. For instance, all buses in Oakland and San Francisco now have bike racks. Most convenient for me, my local BART station (our regional train, which can get me from Alameda to San Francisco in about 15-20 minutes) now has valet bike parking. I simply leave my bike in the rack in the room, take a number and log my bike in. It's kept safe and sound in a secure & monitored room until I come back to pick it up in the evening. It's the best, and it's free. Heck, I could even ask them to do bike repairs while they have my bike. I love it, and it means that I can continue to ride daily even though I work in the City now.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010