I loathe memes. I also loathe internet chatting, smiley faces, just about any internet acronym and Twitter. Oh how I hate Twitter. Yes, I am the tech savviest grumpy old man around.
So, perhaps it was a bad sign that my new boss informed me that we use google chat in the office (apparently to save our legs from the punishing 15 foot walk to each other.) Among his first messages to me were things like "I'm adding U now" and, yes, "lol". I wonder if he considers my slavish adherence to punctuation (except ellipses and semi-colons of course..) and use of complete sentences to be disruptive to the workplace?
That aside, I have a great job working for a wonderful legal non-profit that does incredible work that Patrick would disapprove of. Can one ask for more?
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010