Or, in this instance, the Congelese?
Scott Greenfield has the goods on a hilarious slip-up by Marc Litt, the lead AUSA prosecuting Bernie Madoff. In submitting victim statements to persuade the judge to detain Madoff pending sentencing, Litt (or, more likely, his staff) chose to include this letter:
Now, to be fair to AUSA Mark Litt, I'm almost sure he knows this is not a genuine victim letter. Someone on his staff does not.
That's why, as a lawyer, you review every page of every document that gets filed under your name.
Edit: Can't get the damn thing to display properly. But you get the gist.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017