Or, in this instance, the Congelese?
Scott Greenfield has the goods on a hilarious slip-up by Marc Litt, the lead AUSA prosecuting Bernie Madoff. In submitting victim statements to persuade the judge to detain Madoff pending sentencing, Litt (or, more likely, his staff) chose to include this letter:
Now, to be fair to AUSA Mark Litt, I'm almost sure he knows this is not a genuine victim letter. Someone on his staff does not.
That's why, as a lawyer, you review every page of every document that gets filed under your name.
Edit: Can't get the damn thing to display properly. But you get the gist.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017
- I write letters - June 1st, 2017