Or, in this instance, the Congelese?
Scott Greenfield has the goods on a hilarious slip-up by Marc Litt, the lead AUSA prosecuting Bernie Madoff. In submitting victim statements to persuade the judge to detain Madoff pending sentencing, Litt (or, more likely, his staff) chose to include this letter:
Now, to be fair to AUSA Mark Litt, I'm almost sure he knows this is not a genuine victim letter. Someone on his staff does not.
That's why, as a lawyer, you review every page of every document that gets filed under your name.
Edit: Can't get the damn thing to display properly. But you get the gist.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- I Wrote About Snoop Dogg But Don't Worry It's Not As Bad As You Think - March 15th, 2017
- Oil Company SG Interests Files Vexatious SLAPP Suit Over Substantially True Facebook Comment - March 9th, 2017
- My Own Name Is A Killing Pony - March 7th, 2017
- Prenda Saga Update: John Steele Pleads Guilty, Admits Entire Scheme - March 6th, 2017
- No, The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel Shouldn't Sue Over "Fake News" - February 20th, 2017