I went for a nice bike ride today, and was shadowed for a little bit of the way by a zeppelin (or airship as they would rather it be called.) It's strange to have a fast moving shadow go over you. I got to watch the airship do some rings around the airport area, and was a little surprised how fast it was moving. It was very cool to watch, and made me really want to go on one of their trips. After all, how many people do you really think have been on an airship? I bet the number is less than 2,000 people alive today. That would put you in pretty select company. Plus, the view of San Francisco must be amazing from up there. Super cool, but probably not $500 for one hour cool. At least until I have a job… Pics after the break.
And here's one I got of the zeppelin as it flew right over me, blotting out the sun. Not bad pics considering I took them on my iPhone.
Your trivia for lasting all the way to the end of this post is that the difference between a blimp and a zeppelin is that the blimp is literally just a balloon, whereas the zeppelin has a metal structure or frame around it, and is suitable for longer travel.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010