I am currently engaged in a semi civil debate on the evils of Ayn Rand. Now, you'd think email or perhaps this blog might be the logical format for this ideological smackdown. No, it's all taking place on Facebook. And not even in long form, it's comments on someone's status.
On the one hand, there is something interesting about having to limit your argument to 150 characters or so. On the other hand, it's impossible to make any real substantive argument in that time. It pretty much boils down to "Rand is bat-shit insane." (that's my argument, if you hadn't guessed) and "her prose is beautiful." (the opposing viewpoint.)
I should be happy though, because I came up with a great line about the rambling run-on sentences in Atlas Shrugged. "Who is John Galt? Not a copy editor, that's for sure."
I think next up for me is a blistering Twitter fight over the Project for the New American Century.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010